Để tiếp nối chuyên mục kì trước, thầy cô sẽ gửi đến các bạn câu hỏi và câu trả lời mẫu cho IELTS Speaking chủ đề Holiday / Festival / Celebration / New Year Part 2. Chúng ta hãy cùng thử trả lời phần này trong 1 đến 2 phút nhé.
Describe a traditional celebration in your country
You should say
– when it takes place
– why it takes place
– what the people do during this festival
and explain why this celebration is important to you
Whenever being asked about a popular Vietnamese celebration, I always talk about the Tet Holiday, also known as the Lunar New Year.
It’s an event occurring at the end of January or the beginning of February. Also, people tend to have 3 to 10 days-off during this celebration.
Tet Holiday is a special event to mark the start of a New Year. In addition, it is also the time for family reunion and the occasion for people to relax after a long hard-working year.
During this time of the year, the Vietnamese are all eager to go shopping for new clothes and decorations. Specially, for some regions, having a peach blossom or an apricot blossom is like a “must”. Furthermore, we can enjoy many mouth-watering traditional cuisines, such as Banh Chung, dried candied fruits as well as braised pork and eggs. Interestingly, throughout this holiday, we have quite a lot of rituals, which have been passed down for generations. For instance, adults give children lucky money as best wishes for the New Year. Another one is that, we prepare feasts with delicacies and incense sticks to honor our ancestors and pray for the bad omens to vanish.
There are several reasons for why Tet is so essential for us. First of all, as I said earlier, it is a meaningful time which represents Spring, family reunion and relaxation. Secondly, Tet Holiday provides many of us with a sense of pride because it reminds us that we are a part of a community with such a rich culture along with plenty of distinct traditions and rituals.
Well, that’s all I want to say!
– day off (danh từ) ngày nghỉ
– decoration (danh từ) đồ trang trí
– peach blossom (danh từ) hoa đào
– apricot blossom (danh từ) hoa mai
– must (danh từ) điều cần thiết, bắt buộc
– mouthwatering (tính từ) hấp dẫn, ngon miệng
– cuisine (danh từ) món ăn
– dried candied fruit (danh từ) mứt trái cây
– braised pork and eggs (danh từ) thịt kho trứng
– ritual (danh từ) nghi lễ
– delicacy (danh từ) món ngon, đặc sản
– incense stick (danh từ) nhang, hương
– bad omen (danh từ) điềm xấu
– vanish (động từ) biến mất
– sense of pride: cảm giác tự hào
– rich culture: văn hóa đặc sắc
– distinct (tính từ) đặc biệt