IELTS Speaking Taking Notes
– Note-taking will help to ensure that you don’t run out of things to say before the time is up.
– Aim to speak for 2 minutes or more.
1. Note-taking can include different styles
2. Find the approach that words best for you.
You need to be able to brainstorm and make the notes quickly and efficiently in one minute.
You also need to ensure you have something to say about each point on the task card.
3. Try experimenting with different types of note-taking as you work through the Sample Task Card.
Speaking Part 2 Taking Notes Sample Task
Read the topic below carefully. You will be asked to talk about it for 1-2 minutes. You will have 1 minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Describe your dream job when you were a child.
You should say:
– How old you were, and what your dream job was at that age
– Why that job appealed to you
– What type of work you thought was in in that job
Also, explain whether it is still your dream job, and why it is or isn’t.
– What was your first job?
– Do you prefer working on a team, or working alone? [Why?]
– What would you do if you didn’t have to work?