Tèn … tén … ten…
Các bạn học viên chú ý!
Mọi người có biết sự kiện đặc biệt gì sắp diễn ra không?
Đó chính là…
SINH NHẬT 5 TUỔI của Halo Language Center.
Để mừng ngôi nhà chung của chúng ta lại lớn thêm 1 tuổi, thầy cô xin gửi đến các bạn một món quà đặc biệt: Bài Mẫu IELTS Speaking – chủ đề Birthdays Part 1.
Chúng ta hãy cùng xem qua nhé!
Question 1: Do you enjoy birthdays ?
When I was younger, parties were more enjoyable. However, the more I grow up, the less enthusiastic about birthdays I become. The reason is mostly due to the fact that I’m drowning in overwhelming loads of work and don’t have much time to spend on celebrations like birthdays. That’s actually quite sad.
– enjoyable (tính từ) thú vị
– enthusiastic about something (tính từ) hứng thú với
– drown in (động từ) chìm ngập (quá tải)
– overwhelming (tính từ) vượt trội, quá mức
Question 2: What do people in your country do to celebrate birthdays?
In Vietnam, there are several things people can do for birthday celebration. The most common activity is organizing a party with the presence of family members and friends. In addition, the celebrated individual will receive a birthday cake, cards with best wishes and gifts from the celebrants. Still, nothing I just mentioned is obligatory.
– presence (danh từ) sự hiện hữu
– celebrant (danh từ) người đến dự tiệc
– obligatory (tính từ) bắt buộc
Question 3: How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
First of all, I want to stress that I don’t like throwing parties, not even for my birthdays. For that reason, I like something casual, like a small gathering with good food. Secondly, and more importantly, in my opinion, the one to receive all the attention should not be me, but my mother, as she gave birth to me. So, on my birthday, I tend to do all the cleaning and cooking to express my gratitude.
– throw a party (động từ) tổ chức tiệc
– casual (tính từ) bình thường
– gathering (danh từ) buổi tụ họp
– give birth (động từ) sinh ra
– gratitude (danh từ) lòng biết ơn
Question 4: What did you do on your last birthday?
As I mentioned above, I have been rather busy for the last few years, so I didn’t do much on my last birthday. To be more specific, I woke up earlier than usual and prepared a meal for my mother, whom I always consider to be the star on my birthday. Next, I met up with my close friends for a drink and then hung out with them to the movies or something like that. Quite simple, but very pleasurable to me.
– meet up with (động từ) gặp gỡ
– hang out (động từ) đi chơi
– pleasurable (tính từ) thư giãn, thích thú
Question 5: Which birthdays are considered important in your country?
I’m not quite sure if there are any really special or essential birthdays in Vietnam. The only thing that crosses my mind is the 18th birthday because the age of 18 is quite special. An individual of that age is legally considered to be an adult, who must be responsible for his or her actions. Also, after their 18th birthday, people can drink alcohol and obtain a driving license.
– cross one’s mind (động từ) chợt xuất hiện trong đầu, chợt nghĩ đến
– legally (trạng từ) về mặt pháp lí